In the near and distant future, climate change will impact a wide variety of sectors. This program is appropriate for individuals who plan to pursue careers in a wide variety of fields. Students from a diverse set of academic backgrounds will receive instruction to bolster their knowledge and skills. Incoming students possessing a math or science background will have the opportunity to learn about the policy process and develop communication skills, whereas those with liberal arts or business backgrounds will gain fundamental knowledge of climate science.
The Climate Change and Society program is housed at NC State’s Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences. The program partners with NOAA NCEI, the NC State Climate Office, the EPA and NC Sea Grant, among others, to provide valuable hands-on experience for students in the program who want to work at the nexus of climate change and society.
- 1-year Professional Science Master’s degree
- Learn from international experts in climate science, economics, policy and other sectors impacted by climate
- Designed for students interested in climate adaptation applications
- Positively impact economic development and public service
- Full- and part-time options available
- Core Courses in climate fundamentals, adaptation, communication and policy
- Electives in a variety of focus areas throughout the university
Please use the NCSU course catalog to learn more about each course listing.